Sunday, March 28, 2010
A couple of months ago I created this decorated notebook. I us it to keep track of all of the user IDs and passwords for the websites I use. I got tired of looking through scraps of paper to find the right password. I'm usually a very organized person, so that was very frustrating for me! I got the idea for this altered notebook on Gina K's, StampTV site. She has so many great tutorials for papercrafters! This project was fun to do...and not too difficult, either.
I used SU! designer series paper and some of their Not Quite Navy card stock. I used my pc to print the title onto the designer paper, then punched it out with the SU! Curly Label punch. The CS behind the title was die cut with a Spellbinders die. I used SU's Spiral Punch for fitting the paper around all of the spirals. That task is a little tricky to do, the first time...but I've done this once before - so this time it went smoothly. The ribbon is So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (also from SU!). I created the A - Z tabs using a small oval punch. This was my first attempt at tabs. Making them was easy...aligning them on the page edges ~ NOT so easy! But it's for my use, and it works for me.
We're having guests for dinner today, and I'm really looking forward to it! An aunt of mine lives about 45 - 50 minutes away. Even though it's not that far, we don't get to see her very often. She'll be here today, along with her son and daughter - in - law. We don't see them often enough either. You know how it goes....everyone is so busy. So, it will be a fun day! Family...food...and lots of talking! I'd better get busy! Have a great Sunday.
at 6:42 AM